1. Rinse the shrimp. After drying them with paper towels, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet add 2 tablespoons of oil and set the heat on high. When hot arrange the shrimp in one layer in the skillet taking care not to let them overlap. Cook for one minute then turn the shrimp over and cook for one more minute. Remove the shrimp from the pan and put them on a plate. If the shrimp did not fit in the pan in one batch, add more oil and cook the remaining shrimp in the same way.
3. Add the butter, garam masala and a sprinkle of salt to the pan. Cook this over medium heat until the aroma of the spices is released. Reduce the heat and add the minced garlic. When the garlic is lightly cooked, but not brown, turn the heat to low. Mix in the lemon juice. Add salt if needed.
4. Put the shrimp back in the skillet. Add the chopped cilantro. Mix well and cook for about 1 more minute until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve with geera rice (simple fried rice seasoned with cumin seeds) and fresh vegetables.
1 lb medium sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tbs olive oil
4 Tbs butter
1 tsp garam masala
2 shallots, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
My family and I eat a lot of seafood especially during the hot months of summer and on evenings when I don't have much time to get dinner on the table. In creating this Indian recipe, I wanted something light but rich in flavor.
This Indian recipe is a variation on the traditional Shrimp Scampi with a delightful Indian twist. The Indian spices in the Garam Masala Spice Blend wonderfully with the shallots, garlic and lemon juice. To top it off, this is quick and easy to make. You will will get many rave reviews with this Indian fusion recipe.