5. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the pan and let the vegetables fry until done, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so everything cooks evenly. Adjust the salt, to taste.
3. Add the dry spices to the oil and mix well. Add the potato, tossing to coat the sides evenly with the oil. Fry for 5 minutes, turning so all of the sides can brown.
1. Cut the potato into 1/2-inch cubes. Cut the beans on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces. Cut the bell pepper into thin 1-inch long strips.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat then add the mustard seeds. When they start to pop, add cumin seeds and let them fry for a minute.
1 lb French green beans
1 Idaho potato
1/2 red bell pepper
3 Tbs olive oil
1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp red chile powder
1 tsp salt
This is a very simple dish to make that adds color to your table. Simply prepare a spice mix and add bite-sized pieces of vegetables and cook to create a flavorful side dish.
4. Add the green beans and red bell pepper and stir well to mix.