4. Heat the olive oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb chops. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
5. Place the skillet in the oven. Roast lamb chops to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare, or have reached an internal temperature of 155 degrees F.
6. Transfer the lamb chops to a plate. Let them rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
1. Mix the yogurt, ginger, garlic, coriander, garam masala, chile powder, turmeric, salt and lightly crushed fenugreek leaves together in a large bowl.
2. Add lamb chops to the marinade. Make sure each side of the lamb is evenly coated. Let it marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F.
8 1 1/4-inch-thick lamb loin chops
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp red chile powder
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs dried fenugreek leaves
1 Tbs olive oil
chopped cilantro, for garnish
This lamb chop recipe is really simple and can be prepared in a very short amount of time while your side dishes are being cooked. First I marinate the lamb in spiced yogurt where the lamb takes on the subtle flavors of fenugreek, coriander and garam masala. The spices do not have to be roasted or ground, simply measure and mix them together. After a short time to marinate, I brown them in a skillet and finish the cooking in the oven. This recipe will fit any menu. I serve it with sautéed broccolini or any other green vegetable.