1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash the green garlic. Cut off the roots and the tough ends of the leaves. Dry on a paper towel.
3. Lightly spray a baking sheet with oil.
4. Lay the garlic pieces on the baking sheet. Toss with a bit of oil. Sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper.
5. Roast until tender and starts to brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Turn the garlic halfway through cooking. Let cool before proceeding.
6. Roughly chop the roasted green garlic.
7. Add all of the ingredients in a food processor and grind until smooth. Stir in the water.
- Tastes great with any chicken or meat dish or even as a spread for an appetizer.
1 full cup green garlic
1 tsp oil, plus more for roasting
1 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbs cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp ground cumin, plus more for roasting
1/2 tsp salt, plus more for roasting
1/4 tsp black pepper, plus more for roasting
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp red chile flakes
1/4 cup water
My Roasted Green Garlic Chutney is a delicious variation on more popular ones. It has a rich, smooth flavor that can accompany any meal. I found that my husband loves it on crackers as a snack. Very versatile!