3. Soak the skewers in cold water for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
5. Thread the chicken pieces on the wooden skewers removing any excess marinade.
6. Heat and lightly oil a grill pan or an outside grill. When hot place the skewers on the grill. Cook the chicken skewers on all sides until done.
- Serve with Lemon-Cilantro Aioli and your favorite vegetable dish.
2. Set the bag in the refrigerator for 8 hours. A minimum of 4 hours is required up to a maximum of 24 hours.
8-10 wood skewers
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch strips
1 cup plain yogurt
2 Tbs Chicken Tikka Spice Mix
1/2-inch piece ginger, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
10 drops red food coloring, optional
1 tsp salt
Created by Kachi Balakrishnan, Chicken with Mushrooms in Cashew Sauce is a unique Indian recipe in that most Indian recipes do not use mushrooms. The flavor and texture of the sauce are truly delightful and complement the chicken and mushrooms perfectly. Serve with any simple rice dish.