Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
1. Put all of the ingredients except the green onion into a food processor and purée until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Remove any visible fat from the chicken then cut into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a large ziptop bag, combine the chicken and chermoula. Knead well to ensure all of the chicken is coated in chermoula. Refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
3. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 minutes before threading the chicken on them.
4. Thread the chicken loosely onto the skewers, alternating with red onion pieces. Do not to press the chicken pieces together. Sprinkle the chicken with salt on all sides.
5. Heat the grill over medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grill. Grill the kebabs, occasionally turning the skewers, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from the grill and transfer to a platter to serve.
6. Garnish the Yogurt Dipping Sauce with the sliced green onion and serve.
1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken
1/2 cup chermoula
1 red onion, cut into wedges
Vegetable oil, for the grill
Special equipment: 6-8 skewers
Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 small red onion, peeled and cut into 4 pieces
1 plum tomato, seeds removed and roughly
1/4 cucumber, seeds removed
1/2 Thai chili, seeds removed and roughly
1 clove garlic, smashed
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp honey
2 Tbs cilantro
1 green onion, thinly sliced
Chermoula chicken kebabs with Yogurt dipping sauce
[Indian fusion Recipe]
Making Chermoula Chicken Kebabs is an easy and delicious recipe that can be served any night of the week. Simply marinate chicken pieces in Chermoula and then grill them. Originally from Morocco, this recipe for Chermoula has been enhanced to incorporate Indian spices, including saffron and curry leaves, that are puréed with garlic, parsley, cilantro and and lime juice to create a thick sauce that brings delicious flavor to meat when used as a marinade. A yogurt dipping sauce that has the flavors of raita is an excellent accompaniment. Serves 6 to 8.